B.SC IN H & HA
The Bachelor of Science program in Hospitality and Hotel Administration is offered jointly by the National Council for Hotel Management and the Indira Gandhi National Open University. The Three Year (Six Semesters) program equips students with all the required skills, knowledge and attitude to efficiently discharge supervisory responsibilities in the Hospitality sector. The program also involves in depth laboratory work for students to acquire required knowledge and skills standards in the operational areas of Food Production, Food and Beverage Service, Front Office Operation and House Keeping and providing managerial inputs in Hotel Accountancy, Food Safety and Quality, Human Resource Management, Facility Planning, Financial Management, Strategic Management, Tourism Marketing and Tourism Management.
ADMISSION PROCEDURE FOR B.SC IN H & HA
Minimum qualification for admission is a pass in the examination of 10+2 system of Senior Secondary education or its equivalent with English as one of the compulsory subject. Those appearing in 10+2 or equivalent examination can also appear in JEE on provisional basis. Provisional admissions will stand cancelled if proof of having passed the qualifying examination (10+2 or its equivalent) is not submitted at the time of counselling or at the time of admission. Admissions will be subject to verification of facts from the original certificates / documents to be produced by the candidates at the time of Counselling and at the time of admission in Institute. Even after admission to an Institute, if an applicant is at a later date found ineligible on account of having submitted false information or testimonials or for having suppressed any material information, his/her admission will be cancelled and the fee paid will also be forfeited. Decision of National Council in this regard shall be final.
List of approved qualifying examinations for Indian Students
– Plus two level examination in the 10+2 pattern of Senior Secondary education of any recognized Central/ State Board, such as Central Board of Secondary Education and Council for Indian School Certificate Examination or State Boards of Secondary Education.
– Intermediate or two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board/ University.
– High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University.
– Any Public School/ Board/ University Examination in India or in foreign countries recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 pattern of Senior Secondary education.
– H.S.C. Vocational Examination.
– Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects including English as one of the Subjects.
For candidates from General and OBC categories upper age limit is 22 years. In the case of Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe candidates upper age limit is 25 years, only those SC / ST candidates whose date of birth is eligible. Upper age limit for Physically Challenged candidates shall be reckoned as per the category he/she belongs to since Physically Challenged category candidates may belong to General / SC / ST / OBC category. Date of birth as recorded in the Secondary Education Board/ Pre-University Certificate is the only authentic proof that will be accepted. At the time of Counselling, this certificate must be produced in original as a proof of age, failing which the candidate will not be considered for counselling/admissions used any material information, his/her admission will be cancelled and the fee paid will also be forfeited. Decision of National Council in this regard shall be final.
All qualified candidates will have to submit a physical fitness certificate from a Registered Medical Practitioner in the prescribed format given in this Brochure at the time of admission.
60 Students B.Sc.in H & HA